New York City’s Asian community is integral to the rich and diverse culture of the five boroughs. We are proud to be home to one of the largest Asian populations in the United States. At NYC & Company, we stand in solidarity with the Asian community as we recognize the painful and unacceptable anti-Asian bias, discrimination and hate crimes that continue to afflict our nation. Reports of anti-Asian bias have risen significantly since the onset of the pandemic, often as a result of coronavirus-related stigma and misinformation.
NYC neighborhoods like Chinatown and Flushing were among the first to be impacted by Covid-19, and we understand the importance of dedicating our resources to help root out discrimination and ensure a fair and equitable recovery. As representatives of New York City to the world, we must continue to combat racism, educate ourselves and others to eliminate the ignorance that drives these hateful acts, and unite to actively support the Asian community now and always.
On this page we have listed a number of ways to offer support, along with links to organizations and educational resources for more information. As we gather more, we will continue to update this page.
Ways to Support the Asian Community in NYC and Beyond
• Stop Asian Hate (via NYC.gov)
• Stop AAPI Hate
• “61 Ways to Donate in Support of Asian Communities” (via The Strategist)
• I Still Believe by Amanda Phingbodhipakkiya
• Resources to Help Asian Americans in NYC by Kim Saira (via Instagram)
• Organizations Against Asian Hate (via Instagram)
• A Guide to Staying Safe by Bubble_T (via Instagram)
• Chinatown Partnership
• Welcome to Chinatown
• Great Flushing Chamber of Commerce
• Additional Resources and Organizations
• Anti-Asian Violence Resources (includes links to relevant media)
• “How to Make Sure Asian Americans Feel Safe Traveling and Attending Events” (via Successful Meetings)
• Challenges of the Asian American experience as shared by Bubble_T(via Instagram)
• YK Hong's thoughts on anti-Asian hate (via Instagram)